Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Playlist - Kacey Musgraves + WALK THE MOON

Been watching a lot of videos (music reviews) by Todd in the Shadows and MUES Productions and while I was writing some postcards for Postcrossing (6 new addresses, though I had 5 travelling and 30 slots free).
I clicked on youtube and chose to check Kacey Musgraves out as MUES mentioned her in one of his reviews. I got to say I fell in love. I was a HUGE fan of Taylor Swift when she started but her newest albums don't really do it for me. So a new country singer I could listen to, I'm in! And her songs are so nice to listen to while writing postcards or letters :)

Right now Biscuits is my favourite song from her. It's just cheesy enough :) Besides I absolutely love her pink dress!



But Follow Your Arrow is a close second! :)
Songs can actually have a point and don't have to be just about partying, alcohol and sex :)



"Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah"

I don't know about the Finnish charts (don't listen or even really check those after I saw that Pämppää, the worst song ever hit the top on the singles charts. And ESPECIALLY since I absolutely LOATHE Haloo Helsinki's newest albums. I liked the first one but the ones after that have been just AWFUL and I hate the songs - change the channel or turn off the radio when their music plays) so I have no idea how big or small WALK THE MOON is in here but I fell in love with their song Shut up and Dance the moment they got to the Billboard Hot 100 in late 2014. Back then it was in the 90s but I was SO happy when it hit number 4 a while back! :)
It makes me smile whenever I hear it! :)



Take care!
~Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment