Friday, August 14, 2015

"One postcard for every year of your life. Plus an extra"

So, kifia was sweet enough to write all the cards that I've given to her over the last 1-3 years, to be written and sent back to me, and finally gave those back to me for my 24th birthday on July 23rd. To be honest I didn't even remember all of those cards and there are 25, so I've divided those by categories - Doctor Who, Disney, Jetoy and UK.


All cards have been purchased by me, kifia's wallet wasn't hurt in this progress (only her wrist).

Doctor Who



Jetoy





Disney






UK

Bought during Interrail trip in 2010

Chatsworth, Bakewell, Derbyshire
"In Pride and Prejudice (2005 movie), Chatsworth was used as Pemberley, the residence of Mr. Darcy."
My dad's old penpal Tracy (who's now our family friend) took me to Chatsworth with her family and we had a nice day trip, which ended in an evening with fish and chips :)

The hunting tower, Chatsworth, Derbyshire
Nottingham castle
Tracy took me and her son to another day trip to Nottingham where she studied in the past.
The castle is AMAZING! :)


The most amazing London postcard I've ever seen or bought!
Bought it from a small shop near the Tower but couldn't find it the next time :(

Bought during 2 weeks long school trip (Wales+London) 2011


Loads and LOADS of sheep in Wales

Chepstow Castle, Chepstow, Monmouthshire, Wales
There are special events held often in the castle and visitors are now able to walk along the battlements and into Martens Tower. The castle has been used for the filming of the Doctor Who 50th anniversary broadcast.


Wales Millenium Centre and Pier Head, Cardiff Bay
I was in heaven when I saw the area as some Doctor Who episodes (2005-2007 ones especially) have been filmed near the Millenium Centre.

Cardiff Castle, Wales

Tintern Abbey
The Cistercian abbey of Tintern is one of the greatest monastic ruins of Wales.

Bought during long weekend trip with kifia 2011





Take care!
~Lily

1 comment: