Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Old (unused) stamps!

In Finland stamps tend to disappear from the Post Offices after 3 years (unless those are Moomins or sold out before that) and our selection changes a LOT during the years with over 50 new stamps yearly.

My purchases - stamps from 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2010
I saw that Laura had bought some older stamps a while ago so when I got some money I went to huuto.net and battled a bit to first FIND the selection of unused stamps and then fight the urge to buy many sheets - in some cases I even paid double the price those were worth. But I'm really happy and pleased with what I found and bought :)

All new stamps to me
Rudolf Koivu's Fairy illustration (part of "Mythical Nordic" series)
International Polar Year 2007-2008 - LOVE how the stamps are a bit on top of each other :D

Used these back in 2010
"Sadetta vai Poutaa" set from 2008
Valentine's Fairies from 2010 - LOVE these stamps and back in 2010 me and a classmate bought probably every frigging sheet of these from our local post office :D
~Lily

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know! :) Those are probably my favourite Finnish stamps and I was so down when those sold out from near me in less than 6 months! But now I have at least one sheet<3

      Delete