Friday, January 3, 2014

My wallet hates me already.

It was great to get out of the house after a while! I've been more or less locked up in my own room writing letters and browsing ebay more than I should have (and ordered some stuff from Modes4U with Tuuli).
Today mum and dad brought me along to Veturi, the shopping mall in Kouvola (not that special if you ask me but at least Citymarket and Punnitse ja Säästä have the teas I love :3) and we were looking for a hat for mum and winter shoes for me.

Surprise, surprise; we couldn't find shoes as I'm so damn picky and didn't like the winter shoes that are on sale :( I find perfect shoes by accident, not when I need to find those :(

But as mum wanted to buy some books (Jamie Oliver's cookbook for example) we went through the two bookstores Veturi has. And was I able to pass by the postcards without browsing those? What do you think? ;)

Album for my postcards.
Didn't realize that normal postcards are a bit bigger than photos so this is for the smaller postcards I receive from Asia (esp. China) and Jetoy/Pixar cards :)
New Misstigri postcard, two of those absolutely adorable illustration cards I've fallen in love with and Finland+Kouvola cards for Postcrossing - cards I probably need to resend :(

Square postcards - first one I saw was that Lorrie McFaul's Fairy I hadn't seen before and those adorable "stone" cats :3

And as it's 100 years since the mother of Moomins, Tove Jansson, was born, Suomalainen Kirjakauppa was FILLED with new Moomin postcards and greeting cards!! I swear there was like 15 new cards and I bought 6 that were the prettiest/funniest (in my mind) :3 Can't wait for the Tove Jansson's stamp that's coming out on January 31st :3

New Moomins :3
Need to get loads more for pals :)

After all of the shopping I'm once again feeling a bit unwell :(
Not enough outerwear whenever I go out? Maybe.. Hopefully I won't get a fever this time around as I'm supposed to return my first paper concerning my upcoming thesis on Tuesday and I'll meet up with a friend so that we FINALLY go and see the second Hobbit movie :) And I could buy some stamps and mail out letters and postcards ;)

~Lily

11 comments:

  1. Voi miten ihania noi Muumi-kortit! Varsinki noi kaks Myy korttia c: <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On<3 :) Toivottavasti Porvoostakin löytyis niin pääsis nappaamaan samalla kun käy koulussa tulostamassa ja palauttamassa papereita :3

      Delete
    2. Toivottavasti! :) Munki pitäs käydä kattoos sielt kirppis paikasta täs lähellä taas Muumi-kortteja nyt ku joulukortit poistuu valikoimista. :) Toivottavasti olis Myy aiheisia! <3

      Delete
    3. Toivotaan parasta :) Kouvolan kirjakaupoissa Muumien valikoima oli aika huonoa noita uusia kortteja lukuunottamatta :) Mutta muualla maassa on asiat paljon paremmin :D Porvoo ja Kouvola on kuitenki yleensä sellasia paikkoja mistä en löydä MITÄÄN..

      Delete
  2. Voi ei, onko noita Muumeja tullut noin paljon uusia?! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On :D Aivan ihanaa mun mielestä! Löytää taas uusia Muumeja kavereille jotka kerää Muumikortteja ja omaa jo lähes kaikki vanhat kortit :DD

      Delete
  3. Munkin pitää lähteä kattomaan jos noita Muumikortteja olis rantautunut tännekin! On sen verran ihania!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ihan varmasti on! :) Kaikki tulee yleensä Kouvolaan ja Porvooseen viimesenä :D
      Mun on pakko päästä ostamaan noita lisää<3

      Delete
  4. I love the postcards of Lorrie McFaul :( But they're so hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I haven't seen her cards in a LONG time anywhere.. But on the other hand I haven't been looking those for a while now.. :/

      Delete
    2. Well, if you see them on a site or somewhere I can buy them you may always let me know :)
      Gosh I buy way too many postcards lately Can't wait till they arrive #examshopping XD

      Delete