Saturday, August 3, 2013

Incoming Mail Week #31

Monday

Postcard from Russia via postcrossing

My first postcard from South Korea via postcrossing :DD
This probably made my whole week as I was bitching to Kim about the fact that she has sent 30 cards and has received postcards from Chile and South Korea while my sent is soon 600 and my most exotic countries are Iran, Luxembourg Bosnia and Herzegovina while I've sent cards to South Korea,  Bulgaria, Denmark, Kazakhstan, Macao, Saudi Arabia and Kyrgyzstan..

Birthday present from D :3
Wanted to get the book last year so when D asked me what I'd like to get I gave a link to this book :D
Will get to reading the book as soon as I get some letters written.. :3
Synopsis of Tiger Lily:

"Before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy, he belonged to the girl with the crow feather in her hair. . . .

Fifteen-year-old Tiger Lily doesn't believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the alluring teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland and immediately falls under his spell.

Peter is unlike anyone she's ever known. Impetuous and brave, he both scares and enthralls her. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland's inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. Soon, she is risking everything—her family, her future—to be with him. When she is faced with marriage to a terrible man in her own tribe, she must choose between the life she's always known and running away to an uncertain future with Peter.

With enemies threatening to tear them apart, the lovers seem doomed. But it's the arrival of Wendy Darling, an English girl who's everything Tiger Lily is not, that leads Tiger Lily to discover that the most dangerous enemies can live inside even the most loyal and loving heart.

From the New York Times bestselling author of Peaches comes a magical and bewitching story of the romance between a fearless heroine and the boy who wouldn't grow up."

Tuesday

I won a giveaway hosted by Emma and got 12 postcards!! :3

Kaori Wakamatsu's illustration from Japan

My postcard pal always chooses the prettiest stamps! :3

Another Kaori Wakamatsu's illustration

LOVE the postbox stamp!! ^^
Wednesday

A perfect mail day even though I had to cycle twice back and forth between our house and the mailbox (nearly 1km) and it was really bad weather.. BUT! I got a package from Tessa from whom I hadn't heard properly since February, 2 of my pen pals were on a vacation so I got postcards and 3 postcrossing cards..
And my mum almost thought that for once she got more mail than I did ;)

8 pages long letter, 3 postcards, 2 magnets, handmade soap and chocolate from Lviv
"From Lviv with sweet" ;)

Postcard from Lola during her vacation to Hungary :)

from a new pal I didn't think I'd hear back but she's on vacation in the Sleeping Beauty/"Disney" castle Neuschwanstein ;)
Funny that I just talked about this castle with another pal of mine :D

postcrossing card from Netherlands

postcrossing card from Austria
My second Mucha card :3

postcrossing card from France
Thursday

Package from a Portuguese online friend :)

Eren from Attack on Titan (SnK)

And it included a drawing, letter with papers she has made herself and a Domo keychain :)

Letter from Germany

postcrossing card from China
Friday

Postcrossing card from UK
~Lily

2 comments:

  1. Mail from Lviv looks pretty amazing, she did great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :) Tessa's letters are always amazing but now she had been quiet for so long so she had to catch up and "make up for the lost time" so she bought stuff from her trips, latest was apparently to Lviv in Ukraine from where she got the handmade almond chocolate for me :)

      Delete