Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Warm Bodies

2 days and 3 exams to go before my Christmas break starts!! I couldn't be happier :)

I failed at NOT reading those books that I received but to my luck the exams today weren't even nearly as hard as I had feared.. So I'm 99% sure that I passed those :)

2 exams tomorrow, after that I'm going to see "the Hobbit" with N (why? Why not, I liked LoTR so why wouldn't I like this? AND of course MARTIN FREEMAN!!!!! :DD LUV HIM!), a day off on Thursday (packing, cleaning and studying) and on Friday I have the last exam before going to my parents' place :)

SO. Yesterday I decided to read "just one chapter" of Warm Bodies while I had a small break.. Ended up reading nearly the 50 first pages before I managed to stop myself. I got to say that the book is even better than I imagined and I don't think that the upcoming movie is as good as the book..

Two versions of the cover: (I like the darker one better but I'm still happy with the white one I have :3)



And for those who don't know the book yet, here's the synopsis: (taken from goodreads)

"R is a young man with an existential crisis--he is a zombie. He shuffles through an America destroyed by war, social collapse, and the mindless hunger of his undead comrades, but he craves something more than blood and brains. He can speak just a few grunted syllables, but his inner life is deep, full of wonder and longing. He has no memories, no identity, and no pulse, but he has dreams.

After experiencing a teenage boy's memories while consuming his brain, R makes an unexpected choice that begins a tense, awkward, and strangely sweet relationship with the victim's human girlfriend. Julie is a blast of color in the otherwise dreary and gray landscape that surrounds R. His decision to protect her will transform not only R, but his fellow Dead, and perhaps their whole lifeless world.

Scary, funny, and surprisingly poignant, Warm Bodies is about being alive, being dead and the blurry line in between.
"

“My friend "M" says the irony of being a zombie is that everything is funny, but you can't smile, because your lips have rotted off."

I can't wait to finish the book and after that wait until March for the movie to arrive to the theaters in Finland :3





WHY can't it be Friday already??

~Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment