Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Needless to say I've stayed away from internet for about a week for various reasons. One being the fact that my sleep patterns are all messed up again as it's been getting warmer lately, my life is a bit of a mess right now but that's about that and I was all alone taking care of the house for a while and after doing all the chores after getting home I was dead tired and couldn't get up from the sofa or the bed, depending on which had been closer, and fell asleep.

Luckily I had 2 days off and I was able to go through some of the things that had been on my mind messing up my everyday life and once again, when everything seems to be going to the right direction something messes my life up even more.

I spent Sunday trying not to think about anything and it went quite well, it felt and seemed too perfect and as a matter of fact it was. I should've just stayed away from the internet until Monday afternoon.
Sunday just started and ended and I was quite fine with that even though I did send a couple of text messages to my friends about how I'm feeling and doing.


Thank god my childhood friend and soul sister came back to Finland on July 4th, after an exchange year in Canada, and as she had told me the time when she was approximately arriving I sent a LONG text to her, explaining nearly everything that had happened in my life since the last time she heard anything from me. It was a total bomb for her and she was immediately saying we need to meet up and CATCH up! We immediately agreed on Monday, only 5 days after she came back!
So she came and spent yesterday with me. I was picking her up from the bus stop near us and the moment she jumped in to the passenger's seat we hugged, exchanged "it's so good to see you again!" and a couple of grins and laughs and she started "blaming" me on dumping all of the info on her like that, though she was happy I at least waited for her  to be in the same country so that she could meet up with me and we could talk.
"How are you?" and "Spill it." were only some of the first sentences we exchanged after being separated for nearly a year. She was a bit taller than me when she left and the moment my mom saw N again she went on how she had grown and was already taller than her dear friend. No one really believes that she's 3 years younger than I am! We were mostly locked up in my room, sat on the bed talking and laughing like there was no tomorrow. It had been a while since I last met any of my friends and I wanted to get everything on my mind and opened up to her on everything that had been bothering me, she told me all about what was going on in her life at the moment and how her exchange year was.
We spent over 10 hours with each other as she took the last bus and by then we had been in my room, walked around the small town and knew everything that had happened since the last time we met.

We even went through our plans for Tallinn and talked about the possibility of me going abroad with her and her mom as they have a friend's house which is not being used and they were told they could use it and N asked whether I'd be interested to go with her to do some shopping and check the night life - of course I am! But those are only plans so we'll see what happens.

I hope things will go better from now on and I can get my whole life in order and not be a frigging zombie whenever I'm awake.

~Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment