Monday, June 25, 2012

Liebster Award

Thanks to  for tagging me! I've seen this award going around for a few days and in a way I was surprised I actually did receive it from one of my favourite writers - Aliaa.
What is This??

The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have 200 followers or less.
The word Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.



Here's the Rules:

1. Each person must post 11 random facts about themselves
2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you tagged
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post
4. Tell them you've tagged them
. Remember, no tag backs!
Alright, here goes:
My Random 11 Facts:
1- I've been fighting with depression since I was 14.
2- I'm impatient and can't stand people who are ALWAYS late.
3- I hoard letter supplies (and now even books) like my life depends on it.
4- I've always had a great relationship with my little brother - we've had same interests since 1998!
5- I love travelling alone or with a good friend
6- It's been over a year since I was caught up with my mail!
7- I wouldn't be able to live without tea anymore.
8- I can't stand horror in any way - still I want to read at least a couple of horror books sooner or later
9- I hate deadlines more than anything
10- I actually can't stand the weather in Finland, I'd love to live somewhere else (where cherry trees do bloom!)
11- I really want to buy a plant the next time I'm moving - I've even murdered 3 cacti!
Questions from Aliaa:

1- What's your most embarrassing moment?
Can't pinpoint to anything special but I get embarrassed whenever I start to stutter like mad (happens mostly when I'm tired), when I open my mouth without thinking and something TOTALLY different than what I was "planning" to say comes out. These usually cause some embarrassment on my behalf, especially since I'm a bit of an introvert and I hate every moment I'm embarrassing myself (even if others don't see it that way)
 
2- Have you ever 
Have I ever what? :)
 
3- Which book heroine would you like to switch places with?
I have 2 heroines I'd REALLY love to switch places with! - Jane from Jane Eyre (I loved the book when I read it 6 years ago and I really related to her!) and London from Cat Patrick's "Forgotten" (some things would be better forgotten and remembering the future would be interesting!).
 
4- What's your favorite midnight snack?
Anything sweet if possible, when I can't find sweets or cookies I usually tend to eat cheese or fruits. :) Banana, apple, peach.. almost everything goes :)
 
5- Girl's night out or girl's night in?
Girl's night in - I'm an introvert and I prefer staying inside with the people I know than go out and may meet people I don't know but my friends do. :) Besides, watching a movie or a tv-show with chips, sweets etc is great! :)
 
6- Which book can you never stop reading?
My taste in books has changed a lot during the last years and right now I have books I can read twice or more but if asked I can quit reading those.. But when I was in 3rd-6th grade I LOVED Thomas Brezina's "Penny"-series (Sieben Pfoten für Penny) and by now 28 of 37 books have been translated. I think I read the first 12 of those again and again during those years and I even had 3 of those :)
 
7- When did you start blogging?
In April 2010, during the time I should've been studying for my matriculation/entrance exams. My mom threatened me and told me I wouldn't be allowed to write letters before the exams were over so I started a blog and that's how it all began. During 2010 I went to a private boarding school and while I was in there I just continued writing (barely in some points) and I haven't stopped since! :) Wish I just knew what my blog is about!

8- When did your addiction to books start?
After I learned to read. I think I started hoarding books in Finnish when I was 9 or 10 and my collection grew FAST (I was part of a horse book club - Pollux and got at least 2 new books a month. To English books my addiction started a couple of years ago - 2007 I think. We went to UK with my family and I tried to hoard as many Doctor Who books as possible. From that time forward I've only bought books in English. This year I've already bought (at least) 12 books!
 
9- Family or best friends?
This time I'd actually have to admit that my best friend. She's been there for me since my depression started and we've been through a lot. Even though we fight a lot (mostly thanks to me) I'd be devastated if we wouldn't be able to call and text daily about LIFE. :)
 
10- If you could live anywhere in the worlds (existing and fictional) where would you live?
In a big city with a big park. I want to be able to go somewhere to get away from the city life but on the other hand I LOVE being in a big city and walk around the streets and alleys.
 
11- Can you live without blogging?
Not anymore. I'm addicted and I check the blogger at least once a day to read blog posts from at least 50 people I follow.

Blogs I am tagging:

1- Kimmy
2- Cresu
3- Pilvi
4. Aya
5. Raven
6. X
7. Joonas
My questions:

1. When did you start your favourite hobby and what is it?
2. Have you ever wanted to change one of your decisions you've made during your life? What?
3. You're addicted to...?
4. One book everyone should read, why?
5. If possible where would you travel to right NOW?
6. One thing you can't stand?
7. Favourite memory?
8. What do you dislike/hate about yourself?
9. What is the craziest thing you've ever done?
10. If you could only save one person from your family, who would it be?
11. One book you can't stand or think is overrated?

Enjoy~

~Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment