Monday, May 7, 2012

T(ampe)re Kuplii

I've been lazy, busy and stressed because of school. I only have 2 weeks left, 1 presentation on Wednesday, 1st exam on Thursday, 3 exams next week as well as 4 various assignments to return before May 18th - including a couple of portfolios..
Due to my stress and work load (I'm a perfectionist so I use too much time perfecting my assignments) I haven't really had the time to do anything else.. I sent 2 letters last week and I've been working on one long letter but due to my lack of time it's just placed on my table. I see the letter daily but my frustration and stress levels are too high for me to be able to just sit down and relax when I'm at home. I even need to move in a couple of weeks!!!!!

Despite my lack of time I went to Tampere Kuplii comic festival that was held in Tampere from May 2nd to May 6th - I was there only during the weekend as it was 200km trip one way (and Kim works on weekdays while I have school) :)

On Friday we left around 6pm and managed to arrive to Tampere at 8pm. From Hachiko's place we drove to a shop, bought something to eat and after settling down Kim and Hachiko decided that we should play a Pokémon drinking game. Even though I don't usually drink I agreed to join in but in a way quit half way through as I didn't feel too good (too much alcohol). We managed to get to bed around 2am and woke up at 7am the next morning....

We (me + Kim) cosplayed as Hatsune Miku and Megurine Luka from Vocaloid, The Magnet versions. It was quite fun to arrive to the area a bit after 10am and find out that none of our friends were there and I had forgotten my umbrella to Hachiko's place :S It was POURING!

After running in the rain for a while we found the area and bit by bit met with E and L as well as Rige, Ninnu and M. We went around a bit and after a while stopped and started photoshooting. When I wasn't goofing off Kim was and that's why we didn't really get that many nice pics from Saturday (or at least I didn't like that many pics - I was tired and a bit hungover.....)

As I haven't gotten any retouched pictures from Kim I'm only adding a couple of pics to this post - I think I'll post a link when Kim manages to retouch the pictures and write a post about the weekend (after her entrance exams - GOOD LUCK WITH THOSE<3)

OH! And no proper pictures of me as Miku (at least without Kim) :<
And once again, sorry for releasing pictures that haven't gone through the retouching progress.. :(
(Kim is gonna kill me for this)

Kim as Megurine Luka, me as Hatsune Miku - Magnet

  
Kim as Luka, me as Miku

Me as Miku, Ninnu as Izumi Rio (Full Moon wo Sagashite)

Saturday's make-up,
and yes, the wig bothered me a lot.
And I know that the photo is awful :)
On Sunday we chose not to cosplay as we managed to stay up until 2am on Saturday as well as we watched "Kick Ass" (never imagined I'd watch it as I'm not much of a movie person BUT I LOVED the movie and would love to see it again :)). I put on my wip-cosplay costume and my normal wig and we headed to the area after noon (we managed to get up 9.30am) :)

I'm going to cosplay as Rose Tyler (Doctor Who) during the summer and I chose to do the costume from "Season 1" (2005), episodes 9&10 - "The Empty Child" and "The Doctor Dances"
I'm only missing the wig and jacket<3
Nothing more to say right now.. Need to continue with the school work as Raven and X will come over during the weekend :) Will continue writing again after May 18th :3

~Lily

5 comments:

  1. I love the cosplay costumes. And it sounds original, that you're going to cosplay a character from Tv series. You looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you<3 :)
      In Finland it's getting less and less original to cosplay as a character from a tv-series AND there are some Doctor Who cosplayers around the world.. :) And for example Ninnu is also planning on cosplaying Rose :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh, such beautiful photos, hun!


    And Kick Ass is so great - I never imagined to like it either, until my friend forced me to watch it, ha! Had to buy it on DVD right away :--)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankies<3 I went through the photos 4-5 times before I found some that I liked :)

      I know! Even S kept on telling me to check it but I just kept saying that it can't be as good as people said it is :) Oh how wrong I was :))

      Delete
    2. And now, FINALLY, I get to tell you
      I Told You So!

      Delete