Thursday, October 20, 2011

Proper English.

Why can't people use proper English when they send messages to strangers?
I got 3 messages yesterday written with these oh so popular "u, r, y?, ur, any1" etc. and those really put me off and bother me. When I asked to receive messages with proper English he started calling me liar, player, not mature enough and said he wanted nothing to do with me.
What the-?
And he was supposed to be a lot older than I am..
GREAT.

Luckily I have people around me whom I need and at least they know how to write properly..
Who does even send messages like that to strangers - ESPECIALLY when they're OVER 20??????
I understand teenagers and such but ADULTS!
And no, I'm not talking about text messages but emails and other messages online.

~Lily

2 comments:

  1. Bless this post!


    I hate nothing more than the use of 'u' for 'you' or numbers in words (4ever). And the thing that bothers me the most is that the people who use this kind of language usually have english as their mother tongue.


    OH! One more thing I'd like to say to these people...


    "YOU'RE means you are. YOUR means your." - Ross Geller

    ReplyDelete